We are so excited to announce that, our partner, the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), in collaboration with a German training provider in the field of IT service management, IT project management and agile working methods, Maxpert GmbH, is offering AWIEF Community members an amazing opportunity of three FREE courses that follow internationally recognized standards:
- ITIL 4
The courses are provided via e-Learning (ITIL 4 approximately 7 hours and PRINCE2 approximately 13 hours ) and participants can earn internationally recognized, standardized certificates.
ITIL 4 is a globally recognized best practice framework for service management from Axelos. Due to its popularity and the numerous implementations in practice, ITIL is considered the facto standard for service management.
ITIL connects the components and activities for the provision and management of products and services. The goal is to satisfy consumer demand or opportunities in the marketplace and to create value for consumers. ITIL 4 consistently takes an end-to-end view of services. The central concept in the ITIL 4 framework is the Service Value System.
The online course covers the following topics:
• IT Service Management in Practice
• The ITIL Service Value System
• Basic concepts, guiding principles and models of ITIL
• Concepts for the operation of IT services and IT infrastructures
• Selected practices/processes according to ITIL
• ITIL training paths and qualifications
• Preparation for successful participation in the examination for the internationally recognized ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
The “ITIL Foundation” online course enables you to …
• define the term “service” and recognize the added value that service management offers your company
• understand the concept of the ITIL Service Value System and recognize its components and interactions
• to understand the core terms and concepts of ITIL 4 and to classify them
• to understand practices, components, guidelines including their linkage
The scenario-based “ITIL 4 Foundation Online Basic” training provides a comprehensive understanding of the structure and interrelationships of the ITIL framework. You will learn the basics of Service Management according to ITIL, the components of the Service Value System, the four dimensions of Service Management as well as the concept of the Service Value Chain and the ITIL Management Practices.
The heart of our ITIL 4 online training course are scenario-based video chapters, that convey all topics necessary for understand the framework and passing the official ITIL 4 exam. The learning evaluation is carried out using an exam simulator based on sample paper questions from the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. In addition, further supporting learning materials such as audio files and whitepapers are available.
For whom is this course?
• IT Managers, IT Managers, IT Consultants, Operations Managers, Managing Directors, Information Managers, Solution Architects, IT Professionals and Business Managers
• Students, skilled workers and anyone interested in a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and looking for advice on how to use it to improve quality in IT Service Management organizations.
• IT experts who want to find out about service improvement opportunities because ITIL is already in use in their organization
To give you a first impression the ITIL4 training, check the demo: https://www.maxpert.de/maxlearning/itil4-foundation-english-demo/index.html#
Processing time incl. exam preparation: approx. 7 hours
Every innovation means change and is implemented as a project in complex organizations. Thus, successful projects form the basis for the success of an organization. Projects are successful when the project results can be delivered “in time”, “in quality” and “in budget”. This is the goal of the best practice project management method PRINCE2. PRINCE2 is suitable for projects of any size, complexity, geographical location or culture, and regardless of whether the project is part of a program or managed as a stand-alone project. Tailoring to the context is one of the basic principles of PRINCE2.
The online course covers the following topics:
Seven PRINCE2 principles
• Continued Business Justification
• Defined Roles and Responsibilities
• Focus on Products
• Managing by Stages
• Managing by Exception
• Learn from Experience
• Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
Seven PRINCE2 Themes
• Business Case, the bar for success
• Organizing the project team in regards to Directing, Managing and Controlling
• Plan and produce Quality
• Organization and plans
• Change Management
• Recognize and avoid risks
• Achieve Progress Seven
Seven PRINCE2 processes
• Starting up a Project
• Initiating a Project
• Directing a project
• Managing of Stage Boundaries
• Controlling a Stage
• Managing Product Delivery
• Closing a Project
The “PRINCE2 Foundation Online Basic” enables you at the end of the e-Learning to answer the following questions of your daily business practice:
• How to recognize a successful PRINCE2 project?
• What principles are to be applied?
• What steps to take in preparation of a project?
• Who directs the project?
• What are the different planning approaches?
• Who bears what kind of responsibilities in the project management team?
• How to control a project successfully?
• How to escalate properly?
• What to do at the end of a Stage?
• What to do about risks and how to manage them?
• Hot to manage open issues?
• What is quality?
• How to reach the agreed quality through good project management?
The scenario-based PRINCE2 2017 Foundation online training conveys the set-up, functionality and the four integrated elements of the PRINCE2 approach in a comprehensive manner. You’ll get to know the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes and the context specific tailoring of the PRINCE2 method to fit your project environment. Furthermore, the training offers an effective and efficient exam preparation. The learning progress control is carried out by a test simulator which is based on sample examination questions of the PRINCE2 Foundation examination. Furthermore, you will find additional supporting learning materials, such as Audiofiles and Whitepaper, which you can download as required.
For whom is this course?
• Project Managers, Project Personnel
• Managers and Executives of Change Projects
• Managers and Executives of Project- and Programme-Management Offices
• Managers and Executives of project support and – assurance
• Students, skilled workers and anyone who is interested in a basic understanding of project management according to PRINCE
To give you a first impression of this training, check the demo: https://www.maxpert.de/maxlearning/prince2-foundation-english-demo/index.html#/
Processing time incl. exam preparation: approx. 13 hours
Scrum is an agile project management framework that helps teams work together. Scrum encourages teams to learn through experiences, self-organize while working on a problem, and reflect on their wins and losses to continuously improve. It describes a set of meetings, tools, and roles that work in concert to help teams structure and manage their work. The reason Scrum is so popular it’s because its principles and lessons can be applied to all kinds of teamwork.
If you are interested in any of these three courses, submit your interest before Friday, 5 November 2021.
Application deadline expired!